BSCI; Busines Social Compliance. Quality Systems is one of the leading and pioneer ISO consultants in Pakistan.
WHAT IS AMFORI BSCI?
The Business Social Compliance Initiative is now AMFORI
BSCI stands for Business Social Compliance Initiative. Amfori BSCI code of conduct is based on international conventions such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Children’s Rights and Business Principles, UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights, OECD Guidelines, UN Global Compact and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions and Recommendations relevant to improve working conditions in the supply chain. Amfori BSCI core objective is to improve social performance in the complicated global supply chain process, ultimately enhancing working conditions in the factories, which are manufacturing goods for retailers & brands. Now a day all retail stores & brands are looking to ensure responsible sourcing and developed ethical supply chains, which offers a variety of social auditing framework.
Amfori BSCI is one of the fundamental protocols for ethical audits chosen by companies all the globe. Especially for the suppliers of European customers Amfori BSCI audit is the pre-request to start business relationship such Amfori BSCI audit is the main requirement for the pre-qualification before tenders. Mostly International customers wave their own social audit of factory on behalf of BSCI audit report they evaluate the audit results according to their criteria and give the rating to factory.
The BSCI program is not a program for certification – a supplier may not receive a formal certificate upon conclusion of the BSCI audit BSCI was established in 2003 by the Foreign Trade Association (FTA, named amfori since 2018). The amfori BSCI members have developed the amfori BSCI Code of Conduct, the provisions are based on the standards of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), the UN Charter of Human Rights and national laws and regulations. AMFORI BSCI does not conducts the audits itself. Bsci Amfori authorizes auditing agencies to conduct the audit on BSCI Amfori code of conduct.
Benefits of BSCI Amfori
- Compliance with International and national regulations
- Build strong relationship with customers
- Get new business opportunities from international retailers
- Meet pre-qualification requirement of European Retail stores for new business
- Improve social performance
- Get waiver against customers’ code of conduct audit
- Improve the reporting structure
- Improve the traceability
- Globally accepted standard
- Helpful to attract new customers
- Helpful to retain the confidence of existing customers
- Consistent outcome, measured and monitored
- Acceptable for International organizations
- Safety of workers
Amfori BSCI standard’s focus to labor rights are as follow.
- SOCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND CASECADE EFFECT
- WORKERS INVOLVEMENT AND PROTECTION
- The rights of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- No Discrimination
- Fair Remuneration
- Decent Working Hours
- Occupational Health and Safety
- No Child Labour
- Special Protection for Young Workers
- No Precarious Employment
- No Bonded Labour
- Protection of the Environment
- Ethical Business Behaviour
By implementing this standard, organization can improve its overall social compliance performance to assure the confidence & satisfaction as well as meet the expectation of its customers
BSCI Amfori Certification Process
After finalization of agreement with client, Quality Systems’ experts visit to client’s premises and conduct the complete gap analysis of existing system against the Amfori BSCI code of conduct and discuss the gap report to the management, Identified gaps could be in documents, implementation, fire safety, building & electrical safety, compensation, employee’s awareness, statuary & regulatory and local laws compliances.
We commence work according to the agreed timelines as per final gap report and proceed for the audit once all the documentation, implementation, and other requirements are done. Our technical team provides complete assistance, support and cooperation throughout the process to make certification audit successful in first attempt.
The BSCI program is a voluntary system by which BSCI members (retailers and brands) work with their suppliers to be in compliance with the BSCI code of conduct. Those suppliers meeting the code receive preferential purchase orders. For more information, visit the BSCI website or contact BSCI directly.
There are some certain formalities to be fulfilled to proceed for the audit by any authorized third party.
1. Suppliers’ producer ID will be created on Amfori BSCI platform and every producer have unique DBID number, any amfori BSCI participant can create the producer profiles for those business partners that have been selected to receive the BSCI 2.0 The platform sends an automated email to the producer’s main contact person with the amfori BSCI platform username and password or any auditing company can also create the producer for supplier on behalf of an Amfori BSCI participant.
2. RSP is mandatory for audit, it’s the online authorization that connects to the factory with the Amfor BSCI participant and RSP holds by Amfori BSCI participant. If there is no RSP holds by participant, then there is no possibility of audit.
3. Once the RSP holds by the participant then other step is audit authorization to any of the selected third party approved by Amfori BSCI as well as auditor must be registered in amfori BSCI database.
4. There are three type of audit windows such as announced, semi announced and fully announced mostly customer demands for semi announced windows for one month.
5. The Amfori BSCI program is not a program for certification – a supplier may not receive a formal certificate upon conclusion of the BSCI audit. Third party issues the on-site audit report during the closing meeting and detailed audit report uploaded on supplier’s producer Amfori BSCI platform.
6. Supplier receives the emails from platform against each activity such as RSP hold, audit authorization and report uploading etc.
7. BSI Audit result based on following ratings
1. A Outstanding valid for two years
2. B Good valid for two years
3. C Acceptable Valid for one year
4. D Insufficient Valid for one year
5. E Unacceptable Valid for 6 months
Cost of Amfori BSCI Audit
Charges of Amfor BSCI certification can not be flat or same for every organization, please contact us in this regard.
Why Quality Systems
Quality Systems is working with the team of qualified and experienced consultants and trainers having vast industrial experience, most of our consultants are also lead auditors who are aware to the expectations of auditors from your management system during the audit. Quality systems is assisting across the world to implement and achieve the Amfori BSCI outstanding ratings. Our consultation methodology is highly professional, time bound and effective and we always add value to the business process of the client’s organization.
Our Amfori BSCI complete package comprised on following segments such as training, implementation, consultation, gap analysis, documentation, internal audits, preassessment audits, third party audit through world’s most recognized accredited and Amfori BSCI approved third parties and post audit enhancement / maintenance services to enable your organization in getting the best outcome of Amfoir BSCI. Our services are globally accepted, authoritative and benchmarked in the field of Amfori BSCI.